Windows 11 release date and features
In June 2021 Microsoft announced the upcoming release of Windows 11, their newest operating system update. It brings a significant redesign of Windows 10 and contains lots of new features and productivity upgrades, including Snap Layouts for running multiple apps at once.
List of key features:
- Integration of Microsoft Teams and an improved Windows Store.
- Android apps will be integrated with Windows 11.
- New Start Menu and taskbar design.
- Personalized widgets, directly from the Taskbar.
- Snap groups enable you to set up your screen for maximum productivity.
- Easier transition from monitor to laptop.
- Better gaming experience, thanks to Xbox console solutions like Auto HDR and DirectStorage.
Windows 11 release date is planned for the end of 2021.
How to get Windows 11?
Windows 11 will be available as a free update to anyone that has a working copy of Windows 10. To check if your computer is eligible for the upgrade, go to the Windows 11 homepage and download the PC Health Check app which will run a test and determine whether your computer can run Windows 11. If yes, you’ll get a notification explaining that you will receive a free upgrade when it’s released.
Here is the list of minimum requirements for Windows 11:
- A laptop or desktop with a compatible 64-bit processor, 1GHz or faster, with two or more cores.
- 4GB of RAM.
- Graphics card compatible with DirectX 12 graphics/WDDM 2.x.
- At least 64GB of storage.
- A screen larger than 9 inches, with a minimum resolution of 720p.
- Trusted Platform Module 2.0
For those eager to test out the new Windows 11, Microsoft has already released the Insider Build. It’s not yet complete, but gives us a first look behind the curtains of the new build. Moreover, Microsoft has already allowed public testing of the beta versions. If you want to try it out yourself, you can head over to this link to enroll in the public beta - but be aware, at this stage you’re likely to encounter some bugs during testing.
What can I do to get Windows 11?
If your computer meets the technical requirements listed above, all you really need is Windows 10! Here’s the good news: Kinguin has an ongoing Software Sale, where you can find all Windows and MS Office products for up to 80% off!
Check out the deals and get your own Windows license in time for the Windows 11 release.
- Open the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Navigate to the ‘Update & Security’ menu, and then the Activation tab.
- Click on ‘Change Product Key’ and type your key in the provided space.
- Download the system from the official website or a 3rd party website.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type SLUI 04 and press enter.
- Select your country, and call the toll-free number.
- Follow the instructions provided by the automated activation system to receive a confirmation ID and activate your OS.
In case of any issues, Chatbot Milo will help with the activation of Windows and Office products. Milo can be found on the Kinguin homepage.
Check our Windows 10 offers: